Fun fact about you: I love to dance and sing-I've taken dance lessons for eleven years!
What do you plan to do when you graduate: Currently I am debating over what I want to do after I graduate. I'd love to start my own business, either in television production or graphic design. If not, I'd be more than happy to work in the graphic design department for a media company.
As a commuter what are the pros/cons for you: At first I really wanted to dorm at UT, but after spending my freshman year off campus and at home, I realized that home cooked meals and a bed to myself was much more appealing than the small dorm rooms on campus. Sure, I sometimes feel disconnected from the "Spartan Life" because I'm not on campus and making friends everyday, but to me, my education is what's most important.
How do you feel (being a commuter) affects you socially/academically:I feel like it's harder to make good friends at UT while being a commuter, but I've met some incredible people regardless. In terms of academics, I feel like I can focus much more at home than on campus. There are far too many distractions, especially at night on campus. I'd rather study at home and then snuggle in my comfortable bed!
Tell us more about your internship(s) and what advice do you have for other students seeking internships: The best way to get hands on experience in the work of your interest is to seek out an internship. The skills you'll learn are invaluable and will give you a great advantage over other students.
Check out fastweb.com or ed2010.com, targeted to students interested in media. Even Twitter.com can be a great resource tool in finding internships. I currently am an intern for anewmode.com, a website that focuses on fashion and beauty. I am lucky enough to design some of their splash images that go along with the fashion posts. I am also a production and marketing intern for Bright House Networks. Throughout the summer, I help my coworkers in producing and editing commercials for the local businesses, as well as assisting in the marketing department.
Advice to incoming student to UT:
Always try your hardest and strive for the best.
Be genuine to others, you never know whom you'll meet.
Don't just settle down into one area of interest; take a bunch of different classes!
Also, get involved and have fun!
Do you have any current websites that others can see more about you and what you do:
twitter.com/beautydiaries
Anewmode.com-splash images
Thank you so much Meagan for taking the time to talk to us and sharing more about yourself! :)
If you have more questions for Meagan you may leave comments/questions below but also feel free to e-mail Meagan at xmego17x@gmail.com or follow her online on youtube and twitter!
Also, if you are interested in participating in Student Spotlight Monday, leave a comment below with an e-mail or a way that I may contact you!

Widget by Css Reflex | TutZone



No comments:
Post a Comment