Sunday, September 20, 2009

Two Film Events on Campus-Monday 9.21.09

As one of the requirements for my major (International & Cultural Studies) I am taking World Cinema (COM-261) this semester. So far the course is pretty good. I get to see some classic films that I probably would never see otherwise. I apologize about the short notice but here are some links that my instructor sent me today for this week's upcoming events at UT.
The events seem interesting not only for communication majors but for anyone interested in films. I am especially looking forward to the Q&A with Hollywood Movie editor, Leslie Webb (UT alumna '98) at the Reeves Theater from 4-6pm.
Her most recent works include:



Shortly after, there will be a screening of "The Revolution will not be televised"


Click on the image above for more event information.

Contacts for both events are Tom Garrett/JP Busche. Hope to see you there.

Happy Monday!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that they will show The Revolution Shall Not Be Televised and I'm all the way in Dubai !! I'm going to miss the following debate and its really frustrating. However, to just show this film in unjust!! You have to ask the organizers to please show another documentary on Chavez by Frontline called The Hugo Chavez Show, which shows Chavez in a more objective manner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm I just realized they already showed it! haha which means the second film MUST be shown!! Do you know how it went??

    ReplyDelete